Hello gorgeous poppets. Did this morning go something like this?
Well, congratulations. You made it. It’s Monday evening C.A.T. It’s downhill from here to Tuesday.
Still feeling a little bleary eyed from all that weekending though? Dark circles, puffiness?
Well, I found 6 ingredients you should look for in an eye serum/gel or cream that will give you that Friday look first thing on Monday.
- Antioxidants . These include Vitamin A, C and E, Beta Carotene, Lutein and Selenium. Vitamin A is the one many product houses love. They also call it Retinol, Retinyl Palmitate or Retinyl Acetate.
- Peptides. These are proteins that stimulate collagen production. Collagen is found in the dermis, which, if you think of the dermis as a mattress, represents the foam. The elastin forms the springs.
- Hyaluronic Acid. This little molecule is a moisture magnet. It attracts moisture and clings to it.
- Sunscreens Only the reflective kind, like Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide, are really suitable for the eye area. Their amazing reflective properties have a cosmetic affect on under eye dark circles and they prevent further sun damage (which is a big culprit when it comes to those dark circles.) Sunscreens are particularly important when using Vitamin A based products and alpha hydroxy acids.
- Hydrolysed Rice Bran Protein This stimulates the micro circulation to help improve puffiness and dark circles under the eyes. Some eye creams also contain caffeine to stimulate micro circulation. When this happens, excess fluid and toxins are drained more efficiently and oxygen and nutrients are delivered to the tissue. (We are not talking under eye bags here though.Those are part of the aging process, when the supporting tissue and muscles have weakened. Only surgery can sort out those.)
- Essential Fatty Acids These keep your epidermis hydrated and enhance the suppleness of the skin, for a fresh, dewy look.
One of my favorite products is Defi Lift Eye Serum from Gatineau It lifts and tightens using proteins, peptides and antioxidant Vitamins.
Dermalogica’s Age Reversal Eye Complex contains Retinol, Vitamin C and Oat Protein.
I love our local Environ C-Quence Eye Gel with it’s Vitamin C and Peptides.
Kalahari’s Anti-Puffiness Eye Serum contains Anti-oxidants, Essential Fatty Acids, Rice Bran Protein. It is their most talked about product.
What ingredients are in your eye products? What? You don’t have eye products?
Well. If you want next Monday to be less like this:
and more like this:
why don’t y’all head off and get yourself an eye serum with one or more of these ingredients?
P.S. Make sure it’s in a tube. Stays fresher in there and there is less chance of contamination.