I have worked with a number of products that improve pigmentation. Some use Tyrosinase inhibitors (the enzyme that produces melanin) some use alpha hydroxy acids, and others use Vitamin A.
Kalahari, the product I have chosen for Sunrise Beauty Studio, has a Skin Brightening gel that you can use under your moisturizer. Lets have a look at how this particular gel works.
- It contains Alpha Arbutin, Carob Leaf Extract and Kigelia Africana
- Alpha Arbutin inhibits the production of melanin. Arbutin comes from the Bear Berry plant and has a skin lightening effect, and is safe to use at low concentrations, like the 3% found in Kalahari’s skin brightening gel. Read this article for more info on Arbutin and how it works.
- Carob Leaf Extract inhibits Tyrosinase activity,as shown in this study. Tyrosinase is the enzyme that produces melanin and causes hyperpigmentation in the skin.
- Kigelia Africana is the sausage tree, and the extract of this plant has natural skin lightening properties.
The gel contains other active ingredients that
- stimulate collagen and elastin production
- are effective antioxidants
- have firming effects
Use the gel under your moisturizer and top that with our SPF 40. There is no point fighting your pigmentation and then not protecting your skin from the sun.
Which of these gels would you like me to feature next?
- Oily Skin Correction Gel
- Revitalizing Booster Gel
- Phyto Comfort Lotion
- Anti-Ageing Gel